Hello! And Winter Fitness Goals
I guess this is my first official blog post and what good timing -
the week of Thanksgiving! Just when everyone is ready to discuss their food and
fitness goals, right? I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve this winter and
stave off the inevitable cold weather hermit mentality that tends to set in
right before Thanksgiving and lasts well into our wet and cold Pennsylvania spring. I
was talking to my mom about this mentality and she mentioned that back in the day
when she did Weight Watcher’s they pointed out that Thanksgiving is one day and
Christmas is one day; the holiday does not last for six straight weeks.
Although, I believe it is definitely a season for celebration and there are a
lot more parties and opportunities to let loose, there is truth to the
sentiment that they are only two days and to not use it as an excuse to
overindulge for two months straight landing you on January 2nd
wondering what happened.
So that’s where we’re at today! I have cleaned my fridge out from
this past weekend’s Friendsgiving leftovers, we are continuing our clean eating
this week and I’ll be hitting the gym for the 3rd time since
Saturday tonight. My goals this winter aren’t necessarily set in numbers and
inches (although I am aiming to drop a few lbs of carb bloat), but rather to
continue working out, eating whole foods and feeling my best possible self all while
chasing around my toddler.
To start, I think I’ll be posting our weekly meal plans, WIAW
(what I ate Wednesday) and a roundup post of sorts on Fridays. I’m really
looking forward to giving this blogging thing a go to both keep me on track,
and to connect with other like-minded mamas with fitness goals!
What are your winter fitness goals?

Comments
Post a Comment